- India/United Arab Emirates/USA
- 122 min
- Directed by: Lasse Hallström
- Cast: Helen Mirren, Om Puri, Manish Dayal
Indian patriarch Papa (Puri) decides to open a restaurant in the French countryside, directly opposite a Michelin-starred joint run by Madame Mallory (Mirren); cue romantic complications between son Hassan (Dayal) and Mallory's sous-chef Marguerite (Le Bon). Mirren's imperiousness almost redeems it, but an undercooked third act makes for an insipid conclusion.
Wed 17 Sep
- Written by: Tennessee Williams
- Cast: Gillian Anderson, Ben Foster, Vanessa Kirby
The heat and passion of Stanley and Stella's love and the tragedy of poor, fading Blanche DuBois, beamed live from London.
Tue 16 Sep
- 153 min
- Written by: Giacomo Puccini
- Cast: Hiromi Omura
A performance of Puccini's 1904 opera, beamed live from the Sydney Opera House.
Thu 18 Sep
Home of the Wetherby Film Club.
Tell us more about this venue.