- 48 min
- Directed by: The Otolith Group
Produced by the mysterious Otolith Group with an unused script by Satyajit Ray (for 'The Alien', which would have been the first contemporary sci-fi to be set in India, had it been made) as its basis, this is a self-styled 'premake' in which the fictional characters rebel against their creators in an attempt to seize…
- Directed by: Colm McCarthy
- Written by: Colm McCarthy, Tom McCarthy
- Cast: James Nesbitt, Kate Dickie, James Cosmo, Niall Bruton, Hannah Stanbridge, Karen Gillan
The soul and savagery of An American Werewolf in London; blacker magic than The Blair Witch Project; and a higher red cell count than Twilight. Oh, and all set in Edinburgh? Already a hit at the supercool US festival South by Southwest, this dynamic feature debut rips up the rulebook for UK horror with its intelligence…
- 140 min
- Directed by: R Balki
- Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Vidya Balan, Paresh Rawal, Arundhati Nag
Bollywood drama about Auro (Bachchan), a 13-year-old boy who suffers from a progeria-like syndrome makes him look older than he is.
- 90 min
- Directed by: Christian Alvart
- Written by: Travis Milloy, Christian Alvart
- Cast: Dennis Quaid, Ben Foster
Two astronauts awaken aboard a seemingly abandoned spacecraft and can't remember anything. Interesting if ultimately disappointing low budget space thriller.
- 87 min
- Directed by: Nicholas Jasenovec
- Written by: Nicholas Jasenovec, Charlyne Yi
- Cast: Charlyne Yi, Michael Cera, Jake Johnson
Cera's star continues to rise in this likeable mockumentary which follows young Charlyne Yi as she embarks on a quest across America to make a documentary looking for answers to the eternal question of love and what it is.
- 118 min
- Directed by: Isao Yukisada
- Cast: Tatsuya Fujiwara, Karina, Shihori Kanjiya
A group of young flatmates sharing a tiny Tokyo apartment find their lives thrown in to mayhem when a stranger moves in.
Pardon My French (Un Chat Un Chat)
- 105 min
- Directed by: Sophie Fillières
- Cast: Chiara Mastroianni, Agathe Bonitzer, Malik Zidi
Novelist Célimène is blocked in her writing and bored by her relationship. She's not even content with her own name - perhaps Nathalie suits her better…? At least she has a sympathetic ear in Anais (Bonitzer), her friendly stalker… A delicately funny study of a part-unravelled life, this graceful and original French…
- Directed by: Matt Bissonnette
- Cast: Adam Scott, Joel Bissonnette, Richard Medina
Often compared to Hal Hartley, Canadian Matt Bissonnette continues his fascination with sibling rivalries in this tale starring his brother Joel as a recovering drug addict driven around town on bizarre errands. He and his brother Michael (Adam Scott) argue against an LA backdrop that sharply showcases the city and…
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
- 90 min
- Directed by: Steve Carr
- Written by: Kevin James, Nick Bakay
- Cast: Kevin James
Adam Sandler's regular cohort James plays a big-hearted, small-time lawman who takes on a gang of acrobatic skateboarding thieves after a lengthy set up introducing him as an over-zealous store detective. Despite the vanilla blandness of the conceit, James provides a likable enough hero and scattered moments of…
Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home
- 78 min
- Directed by: Jenny Stein
The relationship between humans and animals is questioned by several people from traditional farming backgrounds.
- 16 min
- Directed by: James Wren
Star-studded short film about a comedian taking a show to the Edinburgh festival featuring Reece Shearsmith, Rhys Darby, Adam Hills, Nina Conti, Richard Herring, Glenn Wool, Lucy Porter and Paul Foot.
- 99 min
- Directed by: Karl Golden
- Cast: Arthur Darvill, Oona Chaplin, Harry Treadaway, Emma Booth
An atmospheric, edgy paean to that one mad love affair we all live to regret… Nikko (Harry Treadaway) is a charismatic youth with good looks, good mates and a feisty dedication to the highly competitive art of high-end birdwatching. He's also deeply troubled, and carrying a heavy load of guilt from a recent…
- 85 min
- Directed by: Jake Kennedy
- Cast: Marieh Delfino, Jason Connery, Michael Rooker
A young mother-turned-stripper falls into the hands of a religious fanatic bent on cleansing her and changing her 'evil' ways.
- Directed by: Sarah Turner
Poetic travelogue to the edge of Siberia's vast nothingness.
A Perfect Getaway
- 97 min
- Directed by: David Twohy
- Written by: David Twohy
- Cast: Timothy Olyphant, Milla Jovovich, Kiele Sanchez, Steve Zahn, Marley Shelton, Chris Hemsworth
Honeymooners Cliff (Zahn) and Cydney (Jovovich) backpack to a remote beach in Hawaii where they come across a group of frightened hikers. Commendably pulpy and entertaining B movie horror with an able cast, tight script and sure handed direction.
Perfect Moment: Instant
- 80 min
- Directed by: Thierry Donard
French director Donard continues to push the boundaries of action sport film with this spectacular documentary work following international skiers, surfers, skaters, free-fallers and boarders.
- 84 min
- Directed by: Ian Fitzgibbon
- Written by: Mark O'Rowe
- Cast: Cillian Murphy, Brendan Gleeson, Jim Broadbent, Jodie Whittaker, Liam Cunningham
After an accidental shooting, charismatic Dublin gangster Michael McCrea (Murphy) goes on the run from local gangster Perrier (Gleeson) with his fey neighbour Brenda (Jodie Whittaker) and his coke-snorting, hypochondriac father Jim (Broadbent). Screenwriter Mark O'Rowe indulges in long stretches of shameless cod-Tarantino…
Petit indi (Little Indi)
- 90 min
- Directed by: Marc Recha
- Written by: Nadine Lamari, Marc Recha
- Cast: Marc Soto, Eulàlia Ramon, Sergi López
Coming of age fable.
- 120 min
- Directed by: Zhao Liang
Documentary about a group of Chinese villagers and their struggle to petition the corrupt and labyrinthine legal system in Beijing, being forced to stay in a shanty town by Beijing railway station as they wait for the authorities to address their case.
- 93 min
- Directed by: Lilian Franck, Robert Cibis
- Written by: Lilian Franck, Robert Cibis
Documentary following professional piano tuner Stefan Knüpfer as he tours the world's great concert halls, maintaining the instruments of maestros.
The Pink Panther 2
- 91 min
- Directed by: Harald Zwart
- Cast: Steve Martin, Jean Reno, Alfred Molina, Emily Mortimer, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Andy García, Lily Tomlin, John Cleese
This time the hapless detective Inspector Clouseau (Martin) teams up with a bunch of international crime fighters who are as clumsy as he is. Funnier and more comprehensible than the 2006 first film but still fairly tedious.
A Place of One's Own
- 123 min
- Directed by: Lou Yi-an
- Cast: Mo Tzu-Yi, Jack Kao, Lu Yi-Jing
A dark comedy set in Taipei City about the trials of a struggling musician, once famous but now forgotten, and an origami artist who is trying to scrape together the funds for a life-saving operation. Introduced by Dr David Archibald, lecturer at Glasgow University.
- 103 min
- Directed by: Marco Berger
- Cast: Manuel Vignau, Lucas Ferraro, Mercedes Quinteros
Bruno's efforts to win back his ex take an unexpected turn when he falls for her gorgeous new boyfriend.
- 90 min
- Directed by: Jorge Blanco, Javier Abad, Marcos Martínez
- Written by: Joe Stillman
- Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Jessica Biel, Justin Long, Gary Oldman, Seann William Scott, John Cleese
Dull, mildly offensive Spanish animated feature about one astronaut's adventures as an illegal alien on a far-flung planet.