Terry Gilliam, Richard Dreyfuss and Richard Ayoade to attend Glasgow Film Festival 2014
- Niki Boyle
- 5 February 2014
Mark Millar, CHVRCHES' Lauren Mayberry and magician Ricky Jay will also be in attendance
The guest line-up for the Glasgow Film Festival 2014 has been announced, with actor Richard Dreyfuss and director/Python Terry Gilliam topping the A-list. Dreyfuss will be attending in support of his road trip comedy Cas & Dylan, which is directed by former 90210 star Jason Priestly (who'll also be treading the red carpet). Gilliam will take part in a Q&A for his latest film, The Zero Theorem.
The full-line-up of film talent also includes:
● Submarine director and IT Crowd star Richard Ayoade (whose new film is Jesse Eisenberg-starring Kafka adaptation The Double);
● Scottish filmmaker David Mackenzie (director of much-touted prison drama Starred Up);
● actor and comedian John Sessions;
● horror director Ti West (who latest, The Sacrament, is screening as part of the FrightFest programme)
● Under the Skin director, Jonathan Glazer, and actor, Paul Brannigan (The Angels' Share).
The fest will also include a variety of guests from outwith the world of film, including:
● master illustionist Ricky Jay (subject of the documentary Deceptive Practice);
● iconic fashion designer agnès b. and Turner Prize winning artist Douglas Gordon (both involved in fashion doc My Name is Hmm);
● Still Game/Chewin' the Fat creator Greg Hemphill (who'll face off against Kick-Ass creator Mark Millar as part of a Geeks v Gamers Super Quiz);
● poet and novelist Jackie Kay, who'll be part of a panel discussion on Scottish Independence also featuring visual artist Rachel Maclean and Iain MacWhirter;
● musician Kenny Anderson, aka King Creosote, who'll be helping to launch the festival's Cargo Camera Action! project;
● and CHVRCHES lead singer Lauren Mayberry, who'll be introducing feminist music doc The Punk Singer.
The Glasgow Film Festival will run from Thu 20 Feb–Sun 2 Mar.