- 1h 54min
- Directed by: Vincente Minnelli
- Cast: ene Kelly, Leslie Caron, Oscar Levant
George and Ira Gershwin's musical starring the great Gene Kelly.
Wed 16 May
- 2h 9min
- Directed by: Bill Condon
- Cast: Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Emma Thompson, Luke Evans, Ewan McGregor, Josh Gad
Belle (Watson) is forced to live with a Beast (Stevens) in this live-action retelling of the 1991 blockbuster. Watson is winsome but feisty, Evans as Gaston is splendid of voice and hilariously odious, McGregor brings much joie de vivre to ‘Be Our Guest’, and it’s an enchantingly realised delight.
Sat 10 Mar
IMAX / 3D
The young peasant girl Giselle dies when she learns that the man she loves, Albrecht, has betrayed her. Against her will, she joins the wilis, vengeful spirits who now turn against Albrecht and condemn him to dance until he dies of exhaustion.
Sun 8 Apr
- 2h 45min
- Cast: Charles Nuitter, Arthur Saint-Leon, Bolshoi principles
Bolshoi’s unique version of Coppélia reconstructs the original 19th century choreography.
Sun 10 Jun
Vasily Vainonen's drama of intrigue, love and tragedy, unfolding against the background of the French Revolution.
Sun 4 Mar
- 1h 46min
- Directed by: Christopher Nolan
- Written by: Christopher Nolan
- Cast: Tom Hardy, Mark Rylance, Cillian Murphy, Harry Styles
Survival story set during the battle of Dunkirk in WWII. The younger cast members acquit themselves admirably, including pop star Harry Styles; and, in its uncomfortable depiction of frightened men looking to save their own skin, this is far from straightforwardly patriotic fare. As he delivers non-stop visual audacity, once again Nolan shows himself to be a master of pure cinema.
Sat 10 Mar
- 2h 17min
- Directed by: James Gunn
- Written by: James Gunn
- Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Glenn Close, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Kurt Russell
The gang are back, with a rollicking plot involving stolen batteries and Ego (Russell) who may or may not be the long-lost dad of Peter Quill (Pratt). It’s very CGI-heavy, sometimes tiringly so, but the humour still charms and the finale picks it up after a sluggish second act.
Sat 10 Mar
IMAX / 3D
- 2h 15min
- Directed by: Andrés Muschietti
- Cast: Jaeden Lieberher, Bill Skarsgård, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Finn Wolfhard, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, Jack Dylan Grazer
A group of kids discovers that their town is haunted by an evil shape-shifting clown (Skarsgård). Well-crafted and properly creepy, with a sinister turn from Skarsgård as the dribbling Pennywise and Lillis superb as the gang’s only female member, it lays down solid groundwork for the planned second instalment.
Sat 10 Mar
Inspired by Handel's religious masterpiece, this acclaimed Bristol Old Vic production is a dramatic account of Messiah.
Wed 28 Mar
- 2h 47min
- Directed by: Bertrand de Billy
For the first time, Massenet’s version of the Cinderella story comes to the Met in this imaginative storybook production directed by Laurent Pelly.
Sat 28 Apr
- 3h 31min
- Directed by: David Robertson
A co-production with English National Opera, Mozart's vision of the battle of the sexes is set in a carnivalesque environment inspired by 1950s Coney Island.
Sat 31 Mar
- 3h 38min
- Directed by: James Levine
The first Met performances of the opera in more than ten years, with Sonya Yoncheva singing the title role opposite Piotr Beczała as Rodolfo and Plácido Domingo as Luisa’s stern-yet-loving father.
Sat 14 Apr
- Directed by: Maurizio Benini
Rossini's tragic opera based on a story by Voltaire, with Angela Meade taking on the challenging vocals of the title role in this revival of a production last seen at the Met 25 years ago.
Sat 10 Mar
- Directed by: Craig Gillespie
- Cast: Julian Morris, Kelli Garner, Daniella Alonso
Pilot episode of a new US mockumentary, which revisits a group of high school classmates ten years after graduation to see how their lives are progressing.
Wed 14 Mar
- Directed by: Nicholas Hytner
- Cast: Ben Whishaw, Michelle Fairley
Ben Whishaw and Michelle Fairley play Brutus and Cassius in Nicholas Hytner’s production of Shakespeare's political drama.
Thu 22 Mar
A new production of Oscar Wilde’s An Ideal Husband. Ambitious government minister, Sir Robert Chiltern’s smooth ascent to the top seems assured until Mrs Cheveley appears in London with damning proof of his previous financial trickery.
Tue 5 Jun
- Directed by: Kathy Burke
- Cast: Jennifer Saunders, Samantha Spiro, Grace Molony
A new production of Oscar Wilde’s social comedy directed by award-winning writer, actor and director Kathy Burke.
Tue 20 Mar
- 1h 33min
- Directed by: Will Gluck
- Cast: Margot Robbie, Daisy Ridley, Domhnall Gleeson
Feature adaptation of Beatrix Potter's classic tale of a rebellious rabbit trying to sneak into a farmer's vegetable garden.
Fri 16 Mar
Sat 17 Mar
Sun 18 Mar
- Directed by: Wayne McGregor, Liam Scarlett, Christopher Wheeldon
The Royal Ballet celebrates the centenary of Leonard Bernstein’s birth with an all-Bernstein programme from the Company’s three associate choreographers, Wayne McGregor, Liam Scarlett and Christopher Wheeldon.
Tue 6 Mar
Tue 27 Mar
- 3h 20min
- Directed by: Phyllida Lloyd
- Cast: Anna Netrebko, Željko Lučić, Ildebrando D’Arcangelo.
Something wicked this way comes in Phyllida Lloyd’s haunting production of Verdi’s opera based on Shakespeare’s tragedy.
Wed 4 Apr
- 2h 35min
- Directed by: Kenneth MacMillan
Kenneth MacMillan's modern ballet is a powerful telling of Manon and Des Grieux’s tragic love, set to music by Massenet.
Thu 3 May
- Directed by: Marius Petipa, Lev Ivanov, Liam Scarlett, Frederick Ashton
A new production of Tchaikovsky’s classical ballet, with additional choreography by Liam Scarlett and designs by John Macfarlane.
Tue 12 Jun
Shakespeare’s psychological thriller starring Christopher Eccleston and Niamh Cusack.
Wed 11 Apr
Thu 10 May
Shakespeare’s most famous story of love at first sight explodes with intense passion in this contemporary production with heartbreaking consequences.
Wed 18 Jul
- Directed by: Various
A mystery screening for Cineworld's Unlimited members.
Tue 13 Mar
- 2h 10min
- Directed by: Taika Waititi
- Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins
Thor (Hemsworth) reunites with his duplicitous brother Loki (Hiddleston) to battle Hela, Goddess of Death (Blanchett). Director Taika Waititi averts narrative pomposity in favour of charm, comedy and gargantuan spectacle, while Hemsworth sends himself up with skill and confidence. An askew, irreverent and wonderfully idiotic addition to the MCU.
Sat 10 Mar
IMAX / 3D
This is a 15 screen Cineworld, near the town centre on the London Rd, and includes an IMAX screen.
Bus routes 4, 5 & 10 all stop nearby, with Crawley bus and railway stations both only 10 minutes walk. There is a free car park.
Tell us more about this venue.