Screening of the award-winning Broadway musical featuring songs by George and Ira Gershwin.
Wed 16 May
Legendary annual Maastricht concert which features the maestro in his element, along with his 60-piece Johann Strauss Orchestra, sopranos, tenors and very special guests.
Sat 28 Jul
Sun 29 Jul
- 2h 17min
- Directed by: Stanley Kubrick
- Cast: Malcolm McDowell, Godfrey Quigley, Anthony Sharp, Patrick Magee, Warren Clarke
The night of 'ultra-violence' committed by Alex (McDowell) and his gang of 'droogs', gave this film its notoriety. But his subsequent victimisation by the state still provides much food for thought. This fable of law and disorder, crime and punishment might easily be recast in 21st century Britain.
Mon 30 Apr
- Directed by: Michael Anderson
Relive the Royal Air Force’s most daring operation of the Second World War, 75 years to the day, with a gala screening of the newly restored classic British film. Dan Snow hosts a commemorative evening paying tribute to Wing Commander Guy Gibson and his comrades of the legendary 617 Squadron, with guests including family members of the Dam Busters crew, former members of 617 Squadron, renowned historian Paul Beaver, plus a ‘bouncing bomb’ experiment and music from the world famous Glenn Miller Orchestra.
Thu 17 May
- 2h 12min
- Directed by: William Friedkin
- Cast: Ellen Burstyn, Linda Blair, Max von Sydow, Jason Miller, Lee J Cobb
Earnest priest Jason Miller steps in to save a poor little possessed girl in this hugely effective scarefest. Now re-released in remastered form, with a super stereo soundtrack (so you can hear those obscenities in full). Dead good, dead scary, dead priest.
Mon 21 May
- 1h 50min
- Directed by: Randal Kleiser
- Cast: John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, Stockard Channing, Jeff Conaway
Sandy (Newton-John) meets Danny (Travolta) and they have a summer romance, but he doesn't expect to see her turn up at his school the following year. There follows teenage angst, misunderstandings and a joyful reunion. Despite its dubious 'change yourself to attract the person you want to be with' message, it's a good, romp with tons of catchy songs.
Thu 19 Apr
Sun 22 Apr
- 1h 41min
- Directed by: Wes Anderson
- Cast: Bryan Cranston, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, Kunichi Nomura, Greta Gerwig, Frances McDormand, Courtney B. Vance, Fisher Stevens, Mari Natsuki, Harvey Keitel, Koyu Rankin, Liev Schreiber, Bob Balaban, Scarlett Johansson, Tilda Swinton
A boy searches for his dog in this animated film from director Wes Anderson.
Mon 26 Mar
- 1h 41min
- Directed by: Jim Henson
- Cast: David Bowie, Jennifer Connelly, Toby Froud
A teenage girl has her baby brother kidnapped by the King of the Goblins, and so has to enter the fiendish labyrinth to get him back. Not bad family feature, with plenty of furry creatures to keep the kids happy.
Mon 23 Apr
- 1h 55min
- Directed by: Mari Okada, Toshiya Shinohara
- Cast: Manaka Iwami, Miyu Irino, Yûki Kaji
An immortal girl and a normal boy meet and become friends, sharing a bond that lasts throughout the years.
Wed 27 Jun
- 1h 43min
- Directed by: Hiromasa Yonebayashi
- Cast: Hana Sugisaki, Ryûnosuke Kamiki, Yûki Amami
Mary (Barnhill) is a young girl who discovers a magic flower that earns her a place at a school of witchcraft, but she soon discovers that the place is not as welcoming as it seems. Energetic adaptation of Mary Stewart’s novel The Little Broomstick, comfortingly familiar to fans of Ghibli but also fresh and gorgeous.
Tue 10 Apr
Inspired by Handel's religious masterpiece, this acclaimed Bristol Old Vic production is a dramatic account of Messiah.
Wed 28 Mar
- 2h 47min
- Directed by: Bertrand de Billy
For the first time, Massenet’s version of the Cinderella story comes to the Met in this imaginative storybook production directed by Laurent Pelly.
Sat 28 Apr
- 3h 31min
- Directed by: David Robertson
A co-production with English National Opera, Mozart's vision of the battle of the sexes is set in a carnivalesque environment inspired by 1950s Coney Island.
Sat 31 Mar
- 3h 38min
- Directed by: James Levine
The first Met performances of the opera in more than ten years, with Sonya Yoncheva singing the title role opposite Piotr Beczała as Rodolfo and Plácido Domingo as Luisa’s stern-yet-loving father.
Sat 14 Apr
- Directed by: Rufus Norris
- Cast: Anne-Marie Duff, Rory Kinnear
Shakespeare’s most intense and terrifying tragedy, directed by Rufus Norris sees Rory Kinnear and Anne-Marie Duff return to the National Theatre to play Macbeth and Lady Macbeth.
Thu 10 May
A new production of Oscar Wilde’s An Ideal Husband. Ambitious government minister, Sir Robert Chiltern’s smooth ascent to the top seems assured until Mrs Cheveley appears in London with damning proof of his previous financial trickery.
Tue 5 Jun
- Directed by: Wayne McGregor, Liam Scarlett, Christopher Wheeldon
The Royal Ballet celebrates the centenary of Leonard Bernstein’s birth with an all-Bernstein programme from the Company’s three associate choreographers, Wayne McGregor, Liam Scarlett and Christopher Wheeldon.
Tue 27 Mar
- 3h 20min
- Directed by: Phyllida Lloyd
- Cast: Anna Netrebko, Željko Lučić, Ildebrando D’Arcangelo.
Something wicked this way comes in Phyllida Lloyd’s haunting production of Verdi’s opera based on Shakespeare’s tragedy.
Wed 4 Apr
- 2h 35min
- Directed by: Kenneth MacMillan
Kenneth MacMillan's modern ballet is a powerful telling of Manon and Des Grieux’s tragic love, set to music by Massenet.
Thu 3 May
- Directed by: Marius Petipa, Lev Ivanov, Liam Scarlett, Frederick Ashton
A new production of Tchaikovsky’s classical ballet, with additional choreography by Liam Scarlett and designs by John Macfarlane.
Tue 12 Jun
Shakespeare’s psychological thriller starring Christopher Eccleston and Niamh Cusack.
Wed 11 Apr
Shakespeare’s most famous story of love at first sight explodes with intense passion in this contemporary production with heartbreaking consequences.
Wed 18 Jul
- 1h 51min
- Directed by: Wes Craven
- Cast: Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, David Arquette
Teenager Sydney becomes the target of a serial killer who has stalked and killed one of her classmates, and a tabloid newspaper reports that the killer is the same person who raped and killed Sydney's mother one year earlier.
Mon 14 May
- Directed by: James Cameron
A double bill of the classic action films starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton.
Mon 16 Apr
- 1h 40min
- Directed by: Mel Stuart
- Cast: Gene Wilder, Jack Albertson, Peter Ostrum
Charming and potty version of Roald Dahl's classic children's fable. A treat for big and little kids alike.
Sat 31 Mar
Sun 1 Apr
- 2h 11min
- Directed by: Rachel Kavanaugh
- Cast: Rufus Hound, Simon Lipkin, Neil McDermott
Join Ratty, Badger, Mole and Toad as they embark on a series of adventures spiralling from Toad's insatiable need for speed.
Fri 30 Mar
Tue 3 Apr
- 1h 20min
- Directed by: Ruben Fleischer
- Written by: Paul Wernick, Rhett Reese
- Cast: Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin
Pitched somewhere between 'From Dusk Till Dawn' and 'Anchor Man', with a nod of the stetson to George A Romero's zombie flicks, this big, dumb and fun flick features four disparate characters hell-bent on surviving a world overrun by zombies.
Mon 7 May
The largest Cineworld in the UK with 20 screens including an IMAX.
Four bus services (17, 17A, 28, 69) link Valley Centertainment with Sheffield's city centre and Meadowhall as well as the Supertram.
Follow signs from J34 of the M1 for the Sheffield Arena, Valley Centertainment is opposite.
Tell us more about this venue.