- 1h 54min
- Directed by: Vincente Minnelli
- Cast: ene Kelly, Leslie Caron, Oscar Levant
George and Ira Gershwin's musical starring the great Gene Kelly.
Wed 16 May
The young peasant girl Giselle dies when she learns that the man she loves, Albrecht, has betrayed her. Against her will, she joins the wilis, vengeful spirits who now turn against Albrecht and condemn him to dance until he dies of exhaustion.
Sun 8 Apr
Vasily Vainonen's drama of intrigue, love and tragedy, unfolding against the background of the French Revolution.
Sun 4 Mar
The romantic ballet re-imagined by celebrated choreographer Akram Khan. Artistic Director and Lead Principal of English National Ballet, Tamara Rojo, dances the role of Giselle, one of a community of migrant workers cast out of their jobs in a condemned garment factory.
Wed 25 Apr
- Written by: Prokofiev (music), Matthew Bourne
Choreographer Matthew Bourne brings to life the story of Cinderella.
Tue 15 May
Inspired by Handel's religious masterpiece, this acclaimed Bristol Old Vic production is a dramatic account of Messiah.
Wed 28 Mar
- 2h 47min
- Directed by: Bertrand de Billy
For the first time, Massenet’s version of the Cinderella story comes to the Met in this imaginative storybook production directed by Laurent Pelly.
Sat 28 Apr
- 3h 31min
- Directed by: David Robertson
A co-production with English National Opera, Mozart's vision of the battle of the sexes is set in a carnivalesque environment inspired by 1950s Coney Island.
Sat 31 Mar
- 3h 38min
- Directed by: James Levine
The first Met performances of the opera in more than ten years, with Sonya Yoncheva singing the title role opposite Piotr Beczała as Rodolfo and Plácido Domingo as Luisa’s stern-yet-loving father.
Sat 14 Apr
- Directed by: Maurizio Benini
Rossini's tragic opera based on a story by Voltaire, with Angela Meade taking on the challenging vocals of the title role in this revival of a production last seen at the Met 25 years ago.
Sat 10 Mar
- 1h 54min
- Directed by: Kenneth Branagh
- Cast: Kenneth Branagh, Penélope Cruz, Willem Dafoe, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp, Josh Gad, Derek Jacobi, Leslie Odom Jr., Michelle Pfeiffer, Daisy Ridley
Murder in the dead of night, a carriage of suspects trapped in an avalanche, and the world’s greatest detective is on hand to solve it. Against the odds, Branagh pulls off a stylish, first-class, surprisingly poignant retelling with fluid camerawork and a top cast, and has a fine old time as the arrogant, outrageously moustachioed Poirot.
Thu 1 Mar
- Directed by: Craig Gillespie
- Cast: Julian Morris, Kelli Garner, Daniella Alonso
Pilot episode of a new US mockumentary, which revisits a group of high school classmates ten years after graduation to see how their lives are progressing.
Wed 14 Mar
- Directed by: Nicholas Hytner
- Cast: Ben Whishaw, Michelle Fairley
Ben Whishaw and Michelle Fairley play Brutus and Cassius in Nicholas Hytner’s production of Shakespeare's political drama.
Thu 22 Mar
Mon 16 Apr
- Directed by: Rufus Norris
- Cast: Anne-Marie Duff, Rory Kinnear
Shakespeare’s most intense and terrifying tragedy, directed by Rufus Norris sees Rory Kinnear and Anne-Marie Duff return to the National Theatre to play Macbeth and Lady Macbeth.
Thu 10 May
Thu 24 May
A new production of Oscar Wilde’s An Ideal Husband. Ambitious government minister, Sir Robert Chiltern’s smooth ascent to the top seems assured until Mrs Cheveley appears in London with damning proof of his previous financial trickery.
Tue 5 Jun
- Directed by: Kathy Burke
- Cast: Jennifer Saunders, Samantha Spiro, Grace Molony
A new production of Oscar Wilde’s social comedy directed by award-winning writer, actor and director Kathy Burke.
Tue 20 Mar
- 1h 33min
- Directed by: Will Gluck
- Cast: Margot Robbie, Daisy Ridley, Domhnall Gleeson
Feature adaptation of Beatrix Potter's classic tale of a rebellious rabbit trying to sneak into a farmer's vegetable garden.
Fri 16 Mar
Sat 17 Mar
Sun 18 Mar
- Directed by: Francis Lawrence
- Cast: Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton, Mary-Louise Parker
Ballerina Dominika Egorova is recruited to 'Sparrow School' a Russian intelligence service where she is forced to use her body as a weapon. But her first mission, targeting a CIA agent, threatens to unravel the security of both nations.
Thu 1 Mar
Fri 2 Mar
Sat 3 Mar
- Directed by: Wayne McGregor, Liam Scarlett, Christopher Wheeldon
The Royal Ballet celebrates the centenary of Leonard Bernstein’s birth with an all-Bernstein programme from the Company’s three associate choreographers, Wayne McGregor, Liam Scarlett and Christopher Wheeldon.
Tue 6 Mar
Tue 27 Mar
- 3h 20min
- Directed by: Phyllida Lloyd
- Cast: Anna Netrebko, Željko Lučić, Ildebrando D’Arcangelo.
Something wicked this way comes in Phyllida Lloyd’s haunting production of Verdi’s opera based on Shakespeare’s tragedy.
Wed 4 Apr
- 2h 35min
- Directed by: Kenneth MacMillan
Kenneth MacMillan's modern ballet is a powerful telling of Manon and Des Grieux’s tragic love, set to music by Massenet.
Thu 3 May
- Directed by: Christopher Wheeldon
Christopher Wheeldon’s ballet adaptation of Shakespeare’s tale of love and loss, with music by Joby Talbot.
Wed 28 Feb
Shakespeare’s psychological thriller starring Christopher Eccleston and Niamh Cusack.
Wed 11 Apr
- 2h 32min
- Directed by: Rian Johnson
- Cast: Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Andy Serkis, Benicio del Toro, Laura Dern, Kelly Marie Tran
Rey (Ridley) meets Luke (Hamill) to learn all about the Force. Johnson expands on the casualties-of-war theme, making magnificent, roaring action sequences and leading the viewer through a blood-stained moral labyrinth. Driver returns with a vengeance, Dern is terrific and it hits the sweet spot between nostalgia and gripping storytelling.
Thu 8 Mar
Tell us more about this venue.