- 3h 25min
- Directed by: Alexei Ratmansky
Inspired by Lord Byron’s epic poem and reworked by Alexei Ratmansky from Petipa’s 19th century classic.
Sun 22 Oct
- 1h 29min
- Directed by: David Soren
- Cast: Kevin Hart, Thomas Middleditch, Ed Helms
Animated superhero comedy based on the bestselling book series by Dav Pilkey. This is a film that sides with the kids, right down to its sly jabs at uncaring, cash-starved school systems and loose message about the value of laughing at yourself; and, of course, at the mere existence of a planet called Uranus.
Tue 24 Oct
Thu 26 Oct
- 1h 42min
- Directed by: Shubhashish Bhutiani
- Cast: Adil Hussain, Lalit Behl, Geetanjali Kulkarni
As his dying wish, a son accompanies his father to the holy city of Varanasi.
Thu 19 Oct
- 2h 21min
- Directed by: Matthew Vaughn
- Written by: Jane Goldman, Matthew Vaughn
- Cast: Taron Egerton, Colin Firth, Mark Strong
After the Kingsman HQ is destroyed, street kid-turned-superspy Eggsy (Egerton) and gadget man Merlin (Strong) team up with their US equivalents to defeat drug baroness Poppy (Moore). Vaughan and Goldman turn up the preposterous comic book shenanigans at the expense of charm and basic plausibility, but fans will like it.
Fri 20 Oct
Sat 21 Oct
- UK / India
- 1h 46min
- Directed by: Gurinder Chadha
- Cast: Gillian Anderson, Michael Gambon, Hugh Bonneville, Manish Dayal, Huma Qureshi
Lord Louis Mountbatten (Bonneville) is to oversee Britain’s withdrawal from India and the ensuing partition, but he and his wife Edwina (Anderson) witness the violence erupting through the country. A below-stairs romance between Dayal and Qureshi is frustratingly insipid and the Indian characters are all unforgivably poorly drawn. Despite some good acting, timid and inert.
Mon 23 Oct
A community-run independent cinema on Pershore High St screening arthouse and mainstream films, with an additional live programme.
Broad St has parking and a bus stop serving many local areas.
Tell us more about this venue.