- France / Belgium / Germany / US / Japan / Mexico / Switzerland
- 2h 21min
- Directed by: Leos Carax
- Written by: Leos Carax, Ron Mael, Russell Mael
- Cast: Adam Driver, Marion Cotillard, Simon Helberg
Los Angeles, nowadays. Henry is a stand-up comedian with a fierce humor. Ann, an internationally renowned opera singer. Together, under the spotlight, they form a happy and glamorous couple. The birth of their first child, Annette, a mysterious girl with an exceptional destiny, will turn their lives upside down.—UGC Distribution
Mon 1 Nov
Tue 2 Nov
Wed 3 Nov
- 2h 15min
- Directed by: Ray Manzarek
Concert footage of Jim Morrison and co performing in Hollywood in 1968.
Thu 4 Nov
- 2h 35min
- Directed by: Denis Villeneuve
- Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgård, Charlotte Rampling, Zendaya, Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa, David Dastmalchian, Chang Chen
The director of Blade Runner 2049 takes a crack at Frank Herbert's notoriously unfilmable sci-fi epic. The story is likely to be split across two films.
Fri 5 Nov
Sat 6 Nov
Sun 7 Nov
Mon 8 Nov
Tue 9 Nov
Wed 10 Nov
Thu 11 Nov
- 1h 48min
- Directed by: Wes Anderson
- Cast: Benicio del Toro, Adrien Brody, Tilda Swinton, Léa Seydoux, Frances McDormand, Timothée Chalamet, Lyna Khoudri, Jeffrey Wright, Mathieu Amalric, Stephen Park, Bill Murray, Owen Wilson
A collection of comedy-drama stories published in the eponymous fictional newspaper, The French Dispatch.
Fri 19 Nov
Sat 20 Nov
Sun 21 Nov
Mon 22 Nov
Tue 23 Nov
Wed 24 Nov
Thu 25 Nov
- 1h 26min
- Directed by: Gillies MacKinnon
- Cast: Phyllis Logan, Timothy Spall, Grace Calder
Heart-warming story about a widower who uses his bus pass to travel from one end of the UK to the other on a nostalgic trip to remember his late wife.
Tue 9 Nov
- UK / US
- 2h 32min
- Directed by: Ridley Scott
- Cast: Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Jodie Comer, Ben Affleck
The Last Duel is a cinematic and thought-provoking drama set in the midst of the Hundred Years War that explores the ubiquitous power of men, the frailty of justice and the strength and courage of one woman willing to stand alone in the service of truth.
Based on actual events, the film unravels long-held assumptions about France’s last sanctioned duel between Jean de Carrouges and Jacques Le Gris, two friends turned bitter rivals. Carrouges is a respected knight known for his bravery and skill on the battlefield.
Le Gris is a Norman squire whose intelligence and eloquence make him one of the most admired nobles in court. When Carrouges’ wife, Marguerite, is viciously assaulted by Le Gris, a charge he denies, she refuses to stay silent, stepping forward to accuse her attacker, an act of bravery and defiance that puts her life in jeopardy. The ensuing trial by combat, a grueling duel to the death, places the fate of all three in God’s hands.
Fri 12 Nov
Sat 13 Nov
Sun 14 Nov
Mon 15 Nov
Tue 16 Nov
Wed 17 Nov
Thu 18 Nov
- Directed by: Mark J.T. Griffin
- Cast: Tom Barber-Duffy, Hugh Fraser, Michael Maloney
A look at the later life of T.E. Lawrence (Barber-Duffy).
Tue 2 Nov
- Directed by: Tracie Bennett, Janie Dee, Imelda Staunton
Stephen Sondheim’s musical is staged for the first time at the National Theatre and broadcast live to cinemas.
Sun 14 Nov
- 2h 25min
- Directed by: Liesl Tommy
- Written by: Callie Khouri, Tracey Scott Wilson
- Cast: Jennifer Hudson, Forest Whitaker, Marlon Wayans, Audra McDonald, Marc Maron, Tituss Burgess, Mary J. Blige
Aretha Franklin biopic.
Wed 17 Nov
- 2h 12min
- Directed by: Destin Daniel Cretton
- Written by: Andrew Lanham, Dave Callaham, Destin Cretton
- Cast: Simu Liu, Awkwafina, Meng'er Zhang, Fala Chen, Florian Munteanu, Benedict Wong, Michelle Yeoh, Tony Leung
A martial arts-heavy fantasy action film from Marvel that's by turns gorgeously graceful and punchy.
Tue 26 Oct
Wed 27 Oct
Thu 28 Oct
Fri 29 Oct
Owned by the Purbeck Film Charitable Trust, The Rex has undergone improvements in recent years. The building, originally known as Oddfellows Hall, was originally built in 1889.
Tell us more about this venue.