- 103 min
- Directed by: Christopher Menaul
- Cast: Jenny Seagrove, Julian Kostov, Ronan Keating, John Hannah, Amanda Abbington
Louisa Gold (Seagrove) is a widowed Jersey shopkeeper with two sons fighting in WW2 when the Channel Islands are occupied by the Germans; she takes in an escaped Russian POW (Kostov). The look and atmosphere of 40s Jersey is well caught, but the story is predictable and it feels like a tame TV drama.
Thu 27 Apr
- 137 min
- Directed by: James Gunn
- Written by: James Gunn
- Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Glenn Close, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Kurt Russell
The gang are back, with a rollicking plot involving stolen batteries and Ego (Russell) who may or may not be the long-lost dad of Peter Quill (Pratt). It’s very CGI-heavy, sometimes tiringly so, but the humour still charms and the finale picks it up after a sluggish second act.
Fri 28 Apr
Sat 29 Apr
Sun 30 Apr
Mon 1 May
Tue 2 May
Wed 3 May
Thu 4 May
- 111 min
- Directed by: Barry Jenkins
- Cast: Alex Hibbert, Ashton Sanders, Trevante Rhodes, Mahershala Ali, Janelle Monáe, Naomie Harris
The story of a young black man growing up, struggling with his sexuality and neglected by his drug-addicted mother. Astutely judged and beautifully humane sophomore feature from Jenkins, with sublime work from the three actors playing the main character (Hibbert, Sanders, Rhodes) and fine support from Ali, Harris and Monáe. Terrific.
Thu 27 Apr
One of the oldest purpose-built cinemas in the UK: it opened in 1912. It has a Conn 651 organ and concerts are held on the third Sunday of every month.
It has modern Pullman seats and Dolby stereo sound.
There is free parking nearby.
Tell us more about this venue.