- US / Canada
- 1h 33min
- Directed by: Greg Tiernan, Conrad Vernon
- Cast: Oscar Isaac, Charlize Theron, Chloë Grace Moretz, Nick Kroll, Javon Walton, Snoop Dogg, Bette Midler, Bill Hader
The further adventures of Morticia, Gomez, Wednesday and the rest of the Addams family.
Wed 27 Oct
Thu 28 Oct
- 1973 (2000)
- 2h 12min
- Directed by: William Friedkin
- Cast: Ellen Burstyn, Max von Sydow, Lee J. Cobb, Kitty Winn, Jack MacGowran, Jason Miller, Linda Blair
Writer William Peter Blatty always griped that in excising twenty minutes from The Exorcist, Friedkin removed its moral centre and obscured its theological message. To Blatty's horror, some people thought the Devil won. Friedkin has reinstated eleven minutes of footage, and the re-editing job is done so lovingly that fans are unlikely to feel cynically exploited. Even so, Friedkin's cuts have mostly been vindicated but it now feels too long, while the infamous 'spider walk' scene merely adds a cheap and redundant shock.
Sun 31 Oct
- 2h 26min
- Directed by: Stanley Kubrick
- Cast: Jack Nicholson, Shelly Duvall, Philip Stone.
Kubrick's overwrought, overlong horror film dispenses with much of the psychic apparatus of Stephen King's novel to concentrate on the deeper horror of a family turning in on itself. Nicholson, with all the stops out, is bug-eyed and demonic as the writer cracking up violently in an isolated hotel, and the final scenes are, literally, chilling.
Sat 30 Oct
Aside from the latest releases, the cinema is also home to the Compton Paramount Theatre Organ, including regular organ performances, teamed with classic films.
Tell us more about this venue.