- Directed by: Fred Zinnemann
- Cast: Edward Fox, Terence Alexander, Michel Auclair
A group of survivors from the French Foreign Legion hired The Jackal to kill President de Gaulle.
Sat 26 Feb
- 1h 49min
- Directed by: Bill Condon
- Cast: Ian McKellen, Helen Mirren, Nell Williams
Roy (McKellen) is a con man who targets wealthy widows, and when he targets Betty (Mirren) her son Steven (Tovey) becomes suspicious. It’s a blend of several genres which don’t quite fuse and is ultimately diverting but far from essential.
Sat 27 Nov
- 2h 10min
- Directed by: Peter Farrelly
- Cast: Viggo Mortensen, Mahershala Ali, Linda Cardellini
Don Shirley (Ali), virtuoso pianist, is chauffeured around the American South in 1962 by his Italian-American driver Tony (Mortensen), and much learning ensues. It’s beautifully made and very worthy, but far too gentle and broad to be effective; Tony, rather than Don, is the heart of the story and it lacks bite.
Fri 12 Nov
- 2h 10min
- Directed by: Rian Johnson
- Cast: Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, Lakeith Stanfield, Katherine Langford, Jaeden Martell, Christopher Plummer
When mystery writer Harlan Thrombey (Plummer) is found with his throat slit, puffed-up private detective Benoit Blanc (Craig) gets on the case. A wickedly knowing, flamboyantly bitchy take on the whodunnit, with a great cast, bags of style and a splendidly outrageous comic turn from Craig. Bloody good fun.
Sat 29 Jan
Let's get something straight at the start - this is not about any religious figure. Brian is not The Messiah. He's just a very naughty boy. who happens to have been born on the same night as The Messiah in an adjacent stable. No blasphemy is intended - but small minded bigottry is fair game! It's taken us 20 years to convince the distributors that Monty Python's inspired comedy won't cause a religious riot in Feckenham! (UK 1979)
Sat 26 Mar
- 1h 47min
- Directed by: Bill Forsyth
- Written by: Bill Forsyth
- Cast: Peter Riegert, Burt Lancaster, Denis Lawson, Fulton Mackay
One of Bill Forsyth's most sure-footed ventures, and one in which his eye for charm balances with his love for whimsy. An ambitious executive of an American oil company is sent to buy an entire Scottish town for a future drilling project, but soon finds himself falling in love with the place, while being hoodwinked by the community.
Mon 27 Dec
- 1h 35min
- Directed by: John-Paul Davidson, Stephen Warbeck
- Cast: Ciarán Hinds, Stephen Dillane, Sasha Hails, Maïwenn, Muna Otaru, Brigitte Roüan
A man wearing a hat drives through France in a Fiat 500, pursued by five angry men for mysterious reasons.
Sat 30 Apr
A rural picture palace in the pretty village of Feckenham. Classics and brand new films shown in the old fashioned way – red plush, usherettes, full supporting programmes – but using the latest HD Digital technology. Also Fecken Odeon 2 – a smaller cinema showing arthouse and foreign films.
Text supplied by venue or third party.
Tell us more about this venue.