The double Edinburgh Comedy Award-nominated stand-up and subject of 2016 Sky Arts documentary The Outcast Comic, pokes fun at liberal pretensions and the horrors of parenthood.
Fri 20 Apr
The winner of the highly coveted Hackney Empire New Act Of The Year dips his toes into the murky world of online dating and shares his confusion about finding love on social media in a witty and self-effacing show that reflects on the frustrations of modern life to hilarious effect.
Fri 11 May
Musical family show from award-winning songwriter and musician David Gibb.
Sat 14 Apr
- 1h 47min
- Directed by: Armando Iannucci
- Cast: Jeffrey Tambor, Steve Buscemi, Jason Isaacs, Olga Kurylenko, Michael Palin, Simon Russell Beale, Paddy Considine, Andrea Riseborough, Rupert Friend
When Joseph Stalin abruptly dies in 1953, his subordinates immediately start jockeying for the position of his replacement. The political backstabbing makes for maximum black comedy and exuberant farce, and the deft interplay of a gifted cast makes the whole film a consistent joy.
Sat 31 Mar
- 1h 45min
- Directed by: Paul McGuigan
- Cast: Annette Bening, Jamie Bell, Kenneth Cranham, Vanessa Redgrave, Frances Barber, Julie Walters
London, 1978: young actor Peter Turner (Bell) meets and falls in love with 50s film star Gloria Grahame (Bening). Sensitively adapted from Turner’s own memoir, it features a luminous performance from Bening as the faded star and moves with wonderful fluidity from the present to flashbacks. A lovely celebration of a unique woman.
Thu 19 Apr
After 50 years of expert commentary on international cricket, Henry Blofeld has hung up his microphone for good. In this farewell show, he shares previous unheard anecdotes plus secrets about the Test Match Special team, which would not be allowed on the radio.
Thu 29 Mar
A selfish man is forced to reassess his entire life when his best friend needs a kidney in Regan's latest stand-up comedy show.
Sat 7 Apr
- UK / Poland
- 1h 35min
- Directed by: Dorota Kobiela/Hugh Welchman
- Cast: Douglas Booth, Jerome Flynn, Robert Gulaczyk
Armand Roulin (Booth) tries to find out what happened to the late artist Vincent can Gogh (Gulaczyk). Live action footage was hand-painted over to give a van Gogh-like effect, and the result is visually intoxicating, adding up more than the novelty of its sumptuous parts.
Thu 5 Apr
- 1h 54min
- Directed by: Kenneth Branagh
- Cast: Kenneth Branagh, Penélope Cruz, Willem Dafoe, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp, Josh Gad, Derek Jacobi, Leslie Odom Jr., Michelle Pfeiffer, Daisy Ridley
Murder in the dead of night, a carriage of suspects trapped in an avalanche, and the world’s greatest detective is on hand to solve it. Against the odds, Branagh pulls off a stylish, first-class, surprisingly poignant retelling with fluid camerawork and a top cast, and has a fine old time as the arrogant, outrageously moustachioed Poirot.
Sat 12 May
- Directed by: Rufus Norris
- Cast: Anne-Marie Duff, Rory Kinnear
Shakespeare’s most intense and terrifying tragedy, directed by Rufus Norris sees Rory Kinnear and Anne-Marie Duff return to the National Theatre to play Macbeth and Lady Macbeth.
Thu 10 May
- 1h 43min
- Directed by: Paul King
- Cast: Ben Whishaw, Hugh Grant, Brendan Gleeson, Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Julie Walters, Jim Broadbent, Peter Capaldi, Madeleine Harris, Samuel Joslin, Imelda Staunton
Paddington (Whishaw) falls foul of a dastardly scheme to steal the key to a hidden fortune. The sequel to the wildly successful first film is implausibly even better, with spiffing action pieces, seemingly throwaway gags paying rich dividends later, and splendid performances from all, with Grant brilliant as the has-been thespian villain. Joyful stuff.
Fri 13 Apr
£8.25 (Children £5.50)
- 2h 35min
- Directed by: Kenneth MacMillan
Kenneth MacMillan's modern ballet is a powerful telling of Manon and Des Grieux’s tragic love, set to music by Massenet.
Thu 3 May
- Directed by: Marius Petipa, Lev Ivanov, Liam Scarlett, Frederick Ashton
A new production of Tchaikovsky’s classical ballet, with additional choreography by Liam Scarlett and designs by John Macfarlane.
Tue 12 Jun
Tell us more about this venue.