- 1h 50min
- Directed by: Anne Fontaine
- Written by: Edmonde Charles-Roux, Anne Fontaine, Camille Fontaine
- Cast: Audrey Tautou, Benoît Poelvoorde, Alessandro Nivola
This sumptuously dressed biopic of the early years of Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel faithfully charts the rising hemlines and torn bustiers of a passionate woman repressed by society, with emotion-driven montages of dressmaking as Coco uses sewing machine and scissors to direct her restless energies into clothing. There's nothing experimental or innovative here, but it provides undeniably classy entertainment.
Sun 10 Mar
- 1h 31min
- Directed by: Howard Hawks
- Written by: Anita Loos (novel and play), Joseph Fields (play), Charles Lederer
- Cast: Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russell
Howard Hawks' beloved 1953 comedy musical starring Monroe and the late Russell.
Thu 28 Feb
The second in the quartet of operas making up Wagner's Ring cycle. Conducted by Philippe Jordan.
Sun 31 Mar
Tell us more about this venue.