- 2h 8min
- Directed by: Guy Ritchie
- Cast: Will Smith, Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott, Marwan Kenzari, Navid Negahban, Nasim Pedrad, Numan Acar, Billy Magnussen, Alan Tudyk, Frank Welker
Disney’s live-action version of 1992’s Aladdin features a fun, fast-talking and scene-stealing Smith and terrific work from Massoud and Scott as Aladdin and Jasmine, but against that there’s some weird VFX, odd directorial choices and a well-intentioned but clunky female empowerment number. Enjoyable and entertaining nevertheless.
Sat 21 Sep
- 2h 2min
- Directed by: Michael Engler
- Cast: Hugh Bonneville, Laura Carmichael, Michelle Dockery, Joanne Froggatt, Elizabeth McGovern, Maggie Smith
A big screen outing for Downton Abbey and its inhabitants.
Tue 17 Sep
Wed 18 Sep
Parent & baby
Thu 19 Sep
Subtitled / Senior
- 1h 45min
- Directed by: Robert Siodmak
- Written by: Story:, Ernest Hemingway, Screenplay:, Anthony Veiller, Richard Brooks, Uncredited:, John Huston
- Cast: Burt Lancaster, Ava Gardner, Edmond O'Brien, Sam Levene
All the markers of the classic film noir are here in abundance as insurance investigator O'Brien looks into the mysterious death of Burt Lancaster. Better than the Don Siegel remake, if only for the atmospherics.
Sun 22 Sep
Opened in 1910, the Duke of York's claims to be the oldest purpose-built cinema in the UK, having served continuously as a cinema since then. It caters for everyone with special nights of autism-friendly screenings as well as Kids' Club, Silver Screen showings and Big Scream screenings for those with small babies.
There are adapted toilets available and, apart from the first floor bar and balcony seating, the building has full wheelchair access.
Located in central Brighton, the cinema is within walking distance from Brighton station. A local landmark just off London Road, look out for the kicking legs!
Tell us more about this venue.