Three-day workshop for young jazz musicians ages 10–18, led by the contemporary jazz quartet Tipping Point.
Wed 29 May
Thu 30 May
Fri 31 May
- 1h 39min
- Directed by: Peter Collinson
- Written by: Troy Kennedy Martin
- Cast: Michael Caine, Noël Coward, Benny Hill, Raf Vallone, Tony Beckley, Rossano Brazzi
Seminal 60s caper heist movie. Jailbird Caine takes his self-preservation society of criminals to Rome to rob the place silly. Altogether now: 'You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!' Great action, great tunes, a classic (kind of).
Sat 29 Jun
- 1h 49min
- Directed by: Ken Loach
- Cast: David Bradley, Freddie Fletcher, Lynne Perrie, Colin Welland, Brian Glover, George Speed
In the run-down industrial north, a young boy learns some harsh lessons about life from the fate of his pet bird. Classic piece of British realism which showed that Loach's television work could transfer to the big screen. A very humane sense of humour leavens a tale of some desolation.
Sat 29 Jun
Jokes and rants in a show about empathy, from one of Britain's thinnest comedians.
Fri 13 Sep
- 1h 56min
- Directed by: Ronald Neame
- Written by: Jay Presson Allen
- Cast: Maggie Smith, Robert Stephens, Pamela Franklin
The big screen adaptation of Muriel Spark's tale of an eccentric Edinburgh schoolteacher in the 1930s offers sharp characterisations and interesting period flavour.
Sat 29 Jun
- UK / Canada / US
- Directed by: Jon S. Baird
- Cast: Steve Coogan, John C. Reilly, Shirley Henderson, Danny Huston, Nina Arianda, Rufus Jones, Susy Kane
Stan Laurel (Coogan) and Oliver Hardy (Reilly) are touring postwar Britain in the hope of bankrolling their next picture, but their time seems to be passing. A classy, ambitious look at the gruelling nature of showbiz, weaving Laurel & Hardy’s routines into the fabric of the story; Coogan is particularly good and it’s a loving nod to two of cinema’s greats.
Mon 17 Jun
Thu 20 Jun
Award-winning arts centre that has hosted many major stars, past and present, including The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, Dara O'Briain, The Wombats, Jenny Eclair, Chris Farlowe, Wilko Johnson, Steve Howe and Jon Richardson.
Tell us more about this venue.