- 1h 45min
- Directed by: Jonathan Teplitzky
- Written by: Alex von Tunzelmann
- Cast: Brian Cox, Miranda Richardson, John Slattery
The story of how Churchill (Cox) was vehemently opposed to the Normandy landings of 1944. Intelligent, sometimes moving drama with an exceptional cast (especially Purefoy as a touching George VI) but not notably cinematic, stringing together a series of confrontations with shots of Churchill being driven from one place to another.
Mon 21 Aug
- 1h 40min
- Directed by: Emile Ardolino
- Written by: Eleanor Bergstein
- Cast: Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Grey, Jerry Orbach, Cynthia Rhodes
The plot – in the summer of 1963 bad boy Johnny (Swayze) meets good girl Baby (Grey) and teaches her hip grinding, eventually winning the respect of her parents. Sure it's full of stereotyping, bad dialogue and a pre-teen sugar coated prurience, but decades on Dirty Dancing still has the ability to send a generation of women all gooey.
Thu 24 Aug
Tell us more about this venue.