- 3h 1min
- Directed by: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
- Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Letitia Wright, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana
Five years after Thanos’s victory, the Avengers are in despair until Ant-Man (Rudd) kicks the story back into action. The final film in the saga verges on fanservice, but there’s intelligent character development, everyone (except Johansson) is given enough to do, and some arcs have a truly poignant sense of closure. Playful, inventive and highly entertaining.
Fri 21 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Mon 24 Jun
- UK / US
- 1h 48min
- Directed by: Stephen Merchant
- Cast: Florence Pugh, Lena Headey, Nick Frost, Jack Lowden, Vince Vaughn, Dwayne Johnson
Based on the true story of WWE champion Saraya-Jade Bevis, aka Paige (Pugh), following her journey from dismal Norwich via Florida boot camp to the stadium. Pugh and Lowden as her brother are good, but the innuendo is crude, the characterisation shallow and the attempt to depict Saraya’s rise as some kind of feminist revolution is unconvincing.
Thu 27 Jun
Mon 1 Jul
- 1h 52min
- Directed by: Chris Foggin
- Cast: Tuppence Middleton, James Purefoy, Daniel Mays, David Hayman
Danny (Mays) is a music industry talent handler who arrives in Cornwall on a stag night, and discovers the titular (real-life) folk singers and signs them. Mays is a watchable lead and generates rom-com chemistry with Middleton, the daughter of the group’s grouchy Jim (Purefoy). An undemanding yarn with nevertheless the power to do some cockle-warming.
Mon 17 Jun
- Directed by: David F. Sandberg
- Cast: Zachary Levi, Asher Angel, Mark Strong, Jack Dylan Grazer, Grace Fulton, Ian Chen, Jovan Armand, Faithe Herman, Cooper Andrews, Marta Milans, Djimon Hounsou
Billy Batson (Angel) is a teenager raised by a foster family, who’s given magic powers by The Wizard (Hounsou): if he shouts ‘SHAZAM!’ he becomes the titular cape-wearing adult (Levi). A superhero movie bursting with humour and heart, with a mischievous performance from Levi, inspired jokes, emotion and surprising cameos.
Sat 20 Jul
Mon 22 Jul
- UK / France
- 2h 2min
- Directed by: Ralph Fiennes
- Cast: Oleg Ivenko, Ralph Fiennes, Louis Hofmann
The story of Rudolf Nureyev (Ivenko), delving into his work and sex life and how he defected from the Soviet Union in 1961. Ukrainian dancer Ivenko gives an intensely physical performance and Fiennes’ light touch as a director makes it something exciting, genuine and naturally sexy.
Thu 4 Jul
Mon 8 Jul
- 1h 41min
- Directed by: Tom Harper
- Cast: Jessie Buckley, Julie Walters, Sophie Okonedo
Rose-Lynn (Buckley) is a Glaswegian woman who, on leaving prison, resumes her quest for fame as a country music singer. A warm-hearted and inspiring tale, not without clichés in the Cinderella tradition, and Buckley is a genuine star in the ascendant.
Thu 11 Jul
Mon 15 Jul
Tell us more about this venue.