- UK / US
- Directed by: Tom Hooper
- Cast: James Corden, Judi Dench, Jason Derulo, Idris Elba, Jennifer Hudson, Ian McKellen, Taylor Swift, Rebel Wilson, Francesca Hayward
Victoria (Hayward) is a cat who find herself caught up with the tribe of the Jellicles, who are assembling to see which of them will ascend to the Heaviside Layer. For all the sheer vigour and professionalism of the performers, the ‘nakedness’ of the cats is unnerving and the end result is more flabbergasting than truly terrible.
Sat 25 Jan
Tue 28 Jan
Wed 29 Jan
- 1h 38min
- Directed by: Lulu Wang
- Cast: Awkwafina, Tzi Ma, Diana Lin, Shuzhen Zhao
When a Chinese grandmother gets terminal cancer, the family is torn between hiding the diagnosis from the patient or telling her. Poignant and deeply personal family comedy from Wang, with a hugely affecting performance from rapper-turned-actress Awkwafina as Billi, who adores her Nai Nai (Zhao, effervescent). A bittersweet portrait of undying love.
Sat 8 Feb
Actor, author, One Show reporter, former MP and government whip tours his new one man show about all things theatrical.
Mon 20 Apr
Prices to be confirmed
- 1h 48min
- Directed by: Taika Waititi
- Cast: Roman Griffin Davis, Scarlett Johansson, Taika Waititi, Rebel Wilson, Thomasin McKenzie, Sam Rockwell, Stephen Merchant
Jojo (Davis) is a ten-year-old, obedient Nazi boy in WWII Germany whose mother (Johansson) is in the Resistance; Jojo reinvents Hitler (Waititi) as his oddball imaginary friend. Waititi ridicules Nazi ideology with aplomb, and as Jojo journeys towards enlightenment and reconnects with his humanity, it’s even rather beautiful.
Sat 8 Feb
- 2h 10min
- Directed by: Rian Johnson
- Cast: Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, Lakeith Stanfield, Katherine Langford, Jaeden Martell, Christopher Plummer
When mystery writer Harlan Thrombey (Plummer) is found with his throat slit, puffed-up private detective Benoit Blanc (Craig) gets on the case. A wickedly knowing, flamboyantly bitchy take on the whodunnit, with a great cast, bags of style and a splendidly outrageous comic turn from Craig. Bloody good fun.
Fri 7 Feb
- 2h 15min
- Directed by: Greta Gerwig
- Cast: Saoirse Ronan, Emma Watson, Florence Pugh, Eliza Scanlen, Laura Dern, Timothée Chalamet, Meryl Streep, Tracy Letts, Bob Odenkirk, James Norton, Louis Garrel, Chris Cooper
Adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s 1868 novel about a group of sisters growing up after the American Civil War. Gerwig’s affection and respect for the book is obvious but she boldly captures the transition from childhood to womanhood by playing with structure; an outstanding cast and skilful filmmaking make it a beautifully crafted tale of sisterhood, memory and authorship.
Sat 1 Feb
- 2h 24min
- Directed by: Edward Norton
- Cast: Edward Norton, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Alec Baldwin
Lionel Essrog (Norton, who also adapted, directed and co-produced) is a Marlowe-style gumshoe with all the physical and verbal tics of Tourette’s syndrome, who sets out to discover why his boss Frank (Willis) has been shot. Despite a strong cast, the predictable twists and corny dialogue let it down.
Thu 23 Jan
Tribute to the Latin-rock of Santana, the band is currenlty on their Supernatural Tour.
Sat 9 May
The Supernatural Tour
Phil Wang is one of the UK’s most exciting stand-up comedians and has appeared on shows including Live at the Apollo (BBC2), Have I Got News For You (BBC1), Would I Lie to You? (BBC1), Jack Dee’s Inauguration Helpdesk (BBC2), 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (C4) and Drunk History (Comedy Central). He has also written and starred in two series of Daphne Sounds Expensive for Radio 4 with his Foster’s Newcomer Award nominated sketch trio, Daphne.
Sun 22 Mar
Tell us more about this venue.