- UK / USA
- 1h 31min
- Directed by: Bryan Singer
- Cast: Rami Malek, Lucy Boynton, Gwilym Lee, Ben Hardy, Joseph Mazzello, Aidan Gillen, Tom Hollander, Allen Leech, Mike Myers
The Freddie Mercury story. Malek as Mercury does a great job, with a passionate and impressive performance, but despite the recreation of momentous performances it’s a disappointingly tame affair, with a by-the-numbers screenplay and a bland lack of insight into Mercury’s heritage or sexuality.
Thu 5 Aug
- 1h 34min
- Directed by: Nicolas Pesce
- Cast: Tara Westwood, Junko Bailey, David Lawrence Brown
Detective Muldoon (Riseborough) investigates multiple deaths in an apparently cursed house. This reboot of an American remake of a seminal Japanese horror fizzles early on; a fantastic cast does its best, but there aren’t enough fresh elements and it leans on too many basic jump scares.
Thu 4 Feb
Fri 5 Feb
- US / UK
- 2h 45min
- Directed by: Quentin Tarantino
- Cast: James Marsden, Margot Robbie, Leonardo DiCaprio
Past-his-peak actor Rick Dalton (DiCaprio) and his stuntman and buddy Cliff Booth (Pitt) are living in Hollywood in 1969; then Sharon Tate (Robbie) and her husband Roman Polanski move in next door. Compelling and provocative, but uneven; for all the fine performances, black comedy and savage violence, Tarantino may have bitten off more than he can chew.
Thu 5 Aug
- 3h 20min
- Directed by: Phyllida Lloyd
- Cast: Anna Netrebko, Željko Lučić, Ildebrando D’Arcangelo.
Something wicked this way comes in Phyllida Lloyd’s haunting production of Verdi’s opera based on Shakespeare’s tragedy.
Wed 25 Nov
Sun 29 Nov
Tell us more about this venue.