- 2h 10min
- Directed by: Luca Guadagnino
- Cast: Armie Hammer, Timothée Chalamet, Michael Stuhlbarg
Oliver (Hammer) arrives at a country palazzo in Lombardy to be intern to the family patriarch (Stuhlbarg), but he slowly forms a strong bond with the 17-year-old son Elio (Chalamet). Sensitive and sensuous love story which treats characters and audiences with respect; one of the best films of the year.
Thu 25 Jan
- 1h 47min
- Directed by: Simon Curtis
- Written by: Frank Cottrell Boyce, Simon Vaughan
- Cast: Margot Robbie, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Macdonald
The story of ex-Army officer-turned-writer AA Milne (Gleeson), and how he turned to children’s literature after the public showed little desire to read his anti-war writings. Curtis handles the awkward but loving father-son relationship beautifully and it’s a competent and credible work, with subtle and intelligent use of animation.
Mon 22 Jan
- 1h 54min
- Directed by: Kenneth Branagh
- Cast: Kenneth Branagh, Penélope Cruz, Willem Dafoe, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp, Josh Gad, Derek Jacobi, Leslie Odom Jr., Michelle Pfeiffer, Daisy Ridley
Murder in the dead of night, a carriage of suspects trapped in an avalanche, and the world’s greatest detective is on hand to solve it. Against the odds, Branagh pulls off a stylish, first-class, surprisingly poignant retelling with fluid camerawork and a top cast, and has a fine old time as the arrogant, outrageously moustachioed Poirot.
Sat 20 Jan
- 1h 52min
- Directed by: Olivier Nakache/Eric Toledano
- Cast: François Cluzet, Omar Sy, Anne Le Ny
When paralysed aristocrat Philippe (Cluzet) needs an assistant, he hires impoverished drifter Driss (Sy) who only turned up to the interview to authorise his benefit. Life lessons ensue. Despite some predictable plotting, Nakache and Toledano's movie (already a colossal hit) is genuinely funny and moving, thanks to deft performances from Sy and Cluzet.
Tue 23 Jan
Warwick Student Cinema is a professional-quality, volunteer-run cinema on the University of Warwick campus, which shows a mixture of latest release and classic films in digital, 35mm and 70mm formats with one of the best sound systems around. All members of the public very welcome, including families.
Text supplied by venue or third party.
Tell us more about this venue.