- UK / US
- 1h 51min
- Directed by: Wash Westmoreland
- Cast: Keira Knightley, Eleanor Tomlinson, Fiona Shaw
Biopic of French writer Colette (Knightley), focusing on her early years and her wild days in fin-de-siecle Paris after her marriage to Henry Gauthier-Villars (West). Knightley is fantastic as the bisexual icon and the film becomes more playful as it goes on. A pleasurable rite of passage about a woman striving for independence.
Wed 27 Feb
- Directed by: Walter Summers
- Written by: Walter Summers
- Cast: Edna Best, Rex Davis, George Foley
An ex-soldier is down on his luck despite having a distinguished war record. When he comes across some ex-war horses on their way to slaughter, he notices his former companion Jack. After stealing the horse, the two go on the run and embark upon an adventure.
Tue 26 Feb
- Ireland / UK / US
- Directed by: Yorgos Lanthimos
- Cast: Olivia Colman, Rachel Weisz, Emma Stone, Nicholas Hoult
In the court of Queen Anne (Colman), power is wielded by Lady Sarah Marlborough (Weisz), but then Sarah’s young cousin Abigail (Stone) arrives. Brash, bawdy and beguiling, and a deceptively acute commentary on the nature of power, with career-best work from Weisz and Stone and a commanding performance from Colman as the ailing Queen.
Wed 27 Feb
- UK / Canada / US
- Directed by: Jon S. Baird
- Cast: Steve Coogan, John C. Reilly, Shirley Henderson, Danny Huston, Nina Arianda, Rufus Jones, Susy Kane
Stan Laurel (Coogan) and Oliver Hardy (Reilly) are touring postwar Britain in the hope of bankrolling their next picture, but their time seems to be passing. A classy, ambitious look at the gruelling nature of showbiz, weaving Laurel & Hardy’s routines into the fabric of the story; Coogan is particularly good and it’s a loving nod to two of cinema’s greats.
Thu 28 Feb
Tell us more about this venue.