- 2h 18min
- Directed by: Kenneth Branagh
- Written by: Emanuel Schikaneder (Libretto), Kenneth Branagh (Adapted for the screen by), Stephen Fry (English libretto and dialogue), Kenneth Branagh & Stephen Fry (screenplay)
- Cast: Joseph Kaiser, Amy Carson, René Pape, Lyubov Petrova, Benjamin Jay Davis, Silvia Moi, Tom Randle, Ben Uttley, Teuta Koço, Louise Callinan, Kim-Marie Woodhouse, Rodney Clarke, Charne Rochford
This risky cinematic venture transfers Mozart's opera to the battlefields of WWI. The film's concepts hold strong, creating a dreamlike world in which soldier Tamino (Kaiser) must bring peace by finding love in the midst of death. But while the singing is wonderful, the acting is weak, and Branagh's visual imagination ultimately falls short.
Sun 24 Sep
- Directed by: Nancy Meckler
- Cast: Kevin McNally
Nancy Meckler directs Shakespeare's classic tragedy, with Kevin McNally as King Lear.
Sat 23 Sep
- 2h 13min
- Directed by: Patty Jenkins
- Cast: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright
Diana (Gadot) is a princess of the Amazons, who rescues WW1 pilot / secret agent interest Steve (Pine) and resolves to end the war. Stylish and exciting, with a top cast, touches of real humour and tragedy, and spiffing action sequences, anchored by a strong and highly likeable performance from Gadot.
Fri 22 Sep
Mon 25 Sep
Tell us more about this venue.