- 2h 4min
- Directed by: D W Griffith
- Written by: DW Griffith, Hettie Grey Baker, Tod Browning, Anita Loos, Mary H O'Connor, Walt Whitman, Frank E Woods
- Cast: Mae Marsh, Robert Harron, Constance Talmadge, Lillian Gish, Josephine Crowell, Margery Wilson, Frank Bennett, Elmer Clifton, Miriam Cooper, Alfred Paget
- Language: Silent film, English intertitles
- Website: www.edfilmfest.org.uk
Four-part silent lament on man's inhumanity to man. Part of the Anita Loos Retrospective. 'Part of the Edinburgh International Film Festival 2007'.
This film is not currently showing in cinemas.
Reviews & features
Intolerance9 Aug 2007
And so begins this year’s List-sponsored Anita Loos Retrospective of films, written by or adapted from the work of the grand old dame of American screenwriting. First up is legendary silent film director DW Griffiths’ one true masterpiece from 1916…
Anita Loos retrospective19 Jul 2007
Anita Loos was an intellectual brunette who wrote about dumb gold-diggers. As a major retrospective of her work hits the Festival, Paul Dale explores her legacy
Tell us more about this listing.