- Hungary / Austria / France
- 1h 31min
- Directed by: György Pálfi
- Written by: György Pálfi, Zsófia Ruttkay, Lajos Parti Nagy
- Cast: Csaba Czene, Gergely Trócsányi, Piroska Molnár, Adél Stanczel
- Language: Hungarian
A twisted gross-out flick about the men in one family who ejaculate fire, eat grotesque amounts and compulsively embalm animals. Think Svankmajer, early Lynch and a touch of Tinto Brass and you will be prepared. Recommended for those with strong stomachs.
This film is not currently showing in cinemas.
Reviews & features
Reviews round-up (August 2007)9 Aug 2007
• License to Wed (12A) 91min * When lovebirds Sadie (Mandie Moore) and Ben (John Krasinski) become engaged, Reverend Frank (Robin Williams) puts them through a tortuous marriage preparation course to see if they deserve to be married in church. The…
Taxidermia9 Aug 2007
Welcome to the insane world of György Pálfi. Even if you have seen his previous film, Hukkle, a raw, near wordless film about ornery peasant folk, nothing would have prepared you for this.
Taxidermia - profile9 Aug 2007
Having started as an actor at the age of 14 in anarchistic 1988 Hungarian drama The Documentator, Pálfi quickly decamped to the other side of the camera realising that ‘acting was not for me’. His taste for the weird and underground stayed true…
Tell us more about this listing.