- Portugal / Italy / France
- 1h 44min
- Directed by: Roberto Faenza
- Written by: Roberto Faenza, Sergio Vecchio
- Cast: Marcello Mastroianni, Joaquim de Almeida, Daniel Auteuil, Nicoletta Braschi, Stefano Dionisi
- Language: Italian, Portuguese
Set in Lisbon in 1938, Mastroianni plays Dr Pereira, the cultural editor of a third-rate magazine. Widowed and loveless he toils away his time translating the stories of notable French writers and wallowing in the vagaries of literary witticisms until he takes on a young fiery freelance writer who awakens him to the terror of the current political situation.
This film is not currently showing in cinemas.
Tell us more about this listing.