Oliver Sacks: His Own Life
Performance timesWhilst every effort has been made to ensure the information displayed here is accurate, always check with the venue before attending (especially during the Covid-19 pandemic).
Oliver Sacks: His Own Life
Dir. Ric Burns | 2019 | 111 mins | Colour | USA | English | 15
London-born Oliver Sacks was a man of extremes. In his youth, he was a self-destructive, bodybuilding biker struggling with drug addiction and his own sexuality. In his maturity, he became a pioneering neurologist and the author of best-sellers such as Awakenings and The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat. Filmed with full access to the man himself, and those closest to him OLIVER SACKS: HIS OWN LIFE both celebrates Sacks incredible life and reminds us of his most important teaching: that our ability to connect with others is what truly makes us human.
The event release will include a pre-recorded Q&A with a panel of experts, colleagues and friends of Oliver Sacks.
Why you should see it: because it is a tender, joyous and life affirming portrait of a truly extraordinary man
Advance tickets £8.50 / £6.50 (conc) - door sales +50p
6:30pm doors for 7:30pm start
Snowcat Cinema does not screen adverts before the feature. There are usually one or two trailers for films that will be shown soon but we encourage people to arrive promptly for the advertised start time.
Please visit our website for full details of the steps were taking to make our screenings safe and comfortable for you.
The key points are:
- We will wear masks throughout our events
- We ask our audience to wear masks while moving around the building and during the screening - masks can be removed while you are seated with a drink, but wed like you to keep time without a mask to a minimum
- We will respect social distancing and ask that you do the same
- One seat to either side of your party will be blocked so that you will be adequately distanced from your nearest neighbours
- If you have COVID symptoms, are told to self isolate or have a positive test, please do not attend the event - contact us as soon as you find out, well work out a ticket swap for you
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building - please use it regularly and wash your hands
- We wont be accepting cash payments to start with - we have contactless card machines
- Please listen to the guidance given by our ushers
Re-opening is very exciting for us but were conscious that not everyone feels confident about attending public events. This means that were intending to start gently, making you feel as comfortable and safe as possible. We will review our operating rules as we see how things go. Once youve been to a screening, please let us know if theres anything youd like us to change.
Were really looking forward to seeing you!
Text supplied by third party.
Tell us more about this listing.