A Serious Man
- 105 min
- Directed by: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
- Written by: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen
- Cast: Michael Stuhlbarg, Richard Kind, Sari Lennick, Fred Melamed, Aaron Wolff
- Language: English, Hebrew, Yiddish
An idiosyncratic gem filled with details dredged from the Coen brothers' fertile imaginations and woven into a tapestry as rich as anything they've produced in 25 years of filmmaking. Stuhlbarg is wonderful as a physics professor for whom everything is going wrong, and the rest of the cast is largely unknown, making this the polar opposite of the empty and A-list heavy Burn After Reading.
This film is not currently showing in cinemas.
Reviews & features
A Serious Man13 Nov 2009
(15) 105min If the Coen brothers’ last film, CIA comedy Burn After Reading, was as empty as Brad Pitt’s bubble-headed gym-bunny, this latest effort is as rich as anything they’ve produced in their 25 years of filmmaking. While Fargo took them back to…
Tell us more about this listing.