- 123 min
- Directed by: Radu Mihăileanu
- Written by: Radu Mihăileanu, Héctor Cabello Reyes, Thierry Degrandi, Matthew Robbins, Alain-Michel Blanc
- Cast: Aleksei Guskov, Mélanie Laurent, Miou-Miou
- Language: French, Russian
- Website: www.europacorp.com/dossiers/…
A comedy following the escapades of an unemployed conductor who, in 1980 Brezhnev Russia, was fired for refusing to exclude Jewish musicians. We meet Andrei Filipov (Guscov) 25 years later as he attempts to make his comeback in Paris under false pretences.
This film is not currently showing in cinemas.
Reviews & features
The Concert2 Jul 2010
Director Radu Mihaieanu made the beguiling Live and Become, a film that dealt with the difficult integration into Israeli society of the Ethiopean Falasha Jews. Similarly, his latest film also has a strong religious theme, and is based on several…
Tell us more about this listing.