- 1h 41min
- Directed by: Sooni Taraporevala
- Written by: Sooni Taraporevala
- Cast: Boman Irani, Sohrab Ardeshir, Imaad Shah, Shernaz Patel, Zenobia Shroff, Mahabanoo Mody-Kotwal, Kunal Vijaykar, Tknow Francorsi, Kurush Deboo, Kamal Sidhu, Dilshad Patel, Jahan Battivala, Iyanah Battivala
- Language: Hindi, Gujarati, English
- Website: www.glasgowfilm.org/festival
This film is not currently showing in cinemas.
Salaam Bombay and Mississippi Masala screenwriter Sooni Taraporevala makes an impressive feature debut with this charming, colourful feel-good tale set among the Parsi community of Mumbai. Zizou (Janhan Bativala) is a young boy whose greatest wish is that his football hero Zinedine Zidane will visit Mumbai. We see events through his eyes as his brother, talented comic artist Art (Imad Shah), falls in love with Zenobia (Dishad Patel). The path of true love is strewn with obstacles, including her stern father Boman (Boman Irani) and the fact that she is already in love with Arjun (John Abraham). There are strong echoes of Romeo and Juliet in a tale of impossible love, feuding families, religious fanaticism and false prophets. Preceded by short film Bengali Tourist (4m). Part of Glasgow Film Festival
Text supplied by third party.
Tell us more about this listing.