- 107 min
- Directed by: Pablo Trapero
- Written by: Alejandro Fadel, Martín Mauregui, Santiago Mitre, Pablo Trapero
- Cast: Ricardo Darín, Martina Gusmán
- Language: Spanish
- UK release: 2 March 2012
- Website: www.caranchofilm.com
A bleak and visceral neo-noir about Sosa (Darin), an ambulance-chasing lawyer with links to organised crime who falls for a drug-addicted female doctor (Gusman). Eight thousand Argentineans die every year in road accidents and Darin and Gusman are superb as the two increasingly damaged characters, desperate to escape their nightmarish predicament.
This film is not currently showing in cinemas.
Reviews & features
Carancho22 Feb 2012
Argentinean neo-noir explores car crash insurance scams
(15) 107 min Beginning and ending with visceral images of car crashes, this slice of contemporary neo-noir, from Argentinean writer and director Pablo Trapero, unites two of his country’s finest actors. The titular vulture (‘carancho’) is an…
Tell us more about this listing.