Oslo, August 31st
- 95 min
- Directed by: Joachim Trier
- Written by: Joachim Trier, Eskil Vogt
- Cast: Anders Danielsen Lie
- Language: Norwegian
- UK release: 4 November 2011
Anders (Lie) is about to leave drug rehab, and over the course of 24 hours he struggles against temptation. Films set in a single day are seldom as affecting as this one, but the painful honesty is tempered by the visual beauty and Trier's ability to create authentically intimate moments.
This film is not currently showing in cinemas.
Reviews & features
Oslo, August 31st8 Nov 2011
Film of visual beauty full of melancholy, intimacy and humanity
(15) 95min Films set over a single 24-hour period are seldom as naturalistic and affecting as this poignant drama from Norwegian filmmaker Joachim Trier. Less intensely stylish than his 2006 debut Reprise, this is a very good, slow-paced film, full…
Tell us more about this listing.