La cinquième saison (The Fifth Season)
- Belgium / Netherlands / France
- 1h 33min
- Directed by: Peter Brosens/Jessica Woodworth
- Written by: Peter Brosens, Jessica Woodworth
- Cast: Sam Louwyck, Damien Marchal, Aurélia Poirier
- Language: French
- Website: www.glasgowfilm.org/festival
This film is not currently showing in cinemas.
Earning comparisons with the cinema of Michael Haneke and Andrei Tarkovsky, The Fifth Season is an eerie, compellingly original apocalyptic fantasy. In a secluded village in the Ardennes, the community gathers for a traditional midwinter festival in which a straw effigy is set alight. The pyre refuses to burn and the seasons are held in limbo. Soon, the cows stop giving milk, the bees die and seeds fail to sprout. The catastrophe changes the very nature of life in the village and the personalities of those who dwell there. A chilling scenario unfolds with striking imagery, muddy, wintry medieval landscapes and an eye for the surreal.
Text supplied by third party.
Tell us more about this listing.