Films: Jim Carrey
- Filtered by:
- Jim Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To
- 109 min
- Directed by: Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels
- UK release: 19 December 2014
Twenty years after the original movie, Harry (Daniels) and Lloyd (Carrey) go on a road trip to find Harry's daughter Penny (Melvin). Despite some simple and effective gags the plot is too contrived with not enough payoff, and the Farrellys have retained their signature bad taste but left out the heart.
- 113 min
- Directed by: Jeff Wadlow
- Cast: Chloë Grace Moretz, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Jim Carrey
- UK release: 14 August 2013
Everyday superheroes Kick-Ass and Hit Girl find themselves joined by an entire crew of masked crusaders as they battle against the world's first super villain, the Mother Fucker.
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
- 100 min
- Directed by: Don Scardino
- Written by: Jonathan Goldstein, John Francis Daley, Chad Kultgen, Tyler Mitchell
- Cast: Steve Carell, Steve Buscemi, Olivia Wilde, Alan Arkin, Jim Carrey
- UK release: 15 March 2013
Burt Wonderstone (Carell) and sidekick Anton (Buscemi) are crowd-pleasing Vegas magicians whose act is threatened by the arrival of upstart street magician Steve Gray (Carrey). The promise of a no-holds-barred duel of bad taste is sadly unfulfilled, with listless performances and a script that lacks laughs.
A Christmas Carol
- 95 min
- Directed by: Robert Zemeckis
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Colin Firth, Gary Oldman
Computer animated version of Dickens' classic.
I Love You Phillip Morris
- 97 min
- Directed by: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Ewan McGregor, Rodrigo Santoro, Antoni Corone, Leslie Mann
Demented comedy based on a true story from writers of 'Bad Santa' Ficarra and Requa about a gay con man, his prison squeeze and his inexhaustible appetite for scheming. By far the best work leads Carrey and McGregor have done for years.
Horton Hears A Who!
- 86 min
- Directed by: Jimmy Hayward, Steve Martino
- Written by: Cinco Paul, Ken Daurio, Keenan Donahue, Mike Reiss [uncredited]
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Steve Carell, Carol Burnett, Seth Rogen, Jesse McCartney, Will Arnett, Dan Fogler, Isla Fisher, Amy Poehler, Selena Gomez, Jaime Pressly
Animators Blue Sky take a break from their ongoing Ice Age franchise to colourfully realise the universe of Dr Seuss' text. Both Carrey and Carrell are allowed full rein for their brand of vocal mugging as co-directors Hayward and Martino skilfully guide Horton towards a comforting moral about size not being all that…
- 104 min
- Directed by: Peyton Reed
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Terence Stamp, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper, John Michael Higgins, Danny Masterson, Maile Flanagan, Rhys Darby
Enjoyable if totally inane comedy based on British writer Danny Wallace's book about a year spent saying 'yes' to everything.
The Number 23
- 97 min
- Directed by: Joel Schumacher
- Written by: Fernley Phillips
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Virginia Madsen, Logan Lerman, Danny Huston, Rhona Mitra
After reading a book entitled 'The Number 23' Walter Sparrow (Carrey) becomes obsessed with the mathematical conspiracy theory it details. Initially intriguing, it suffers from a detrimental mix of humour and horror. Carrey is otherwise good, but it doesn't quite add up.
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
- 108 min
- Directed by: Michel Gondry
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet, Kirsten Dunst, Mark Ruffalo, Elijah Wood, Tom Wilkinson
A wildly imaginative flight of fantasy based around the gloriously barmy conceit that Carrey's lovelorn loser, Joel Barish, is having the painful memories of his ex-girlfriend surgically removed. It's an outrageously demented ride, but underlying this terrific trip are some serious questions about human relationships.
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
- 108 min
- Directed by: Brad Silberling
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Liam Aiken, Jude Law
Three orphaned children are launched into a macabre adventure when their house is destroyed by a mysterious fire. Placed in the hands of their questionable uncle Count Olaf, Violet, Klaus and Sunny must navigate through a series of unfortunate events.
- Directed by: Ron Howard
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Taylor Momsen, Jeffrey Tambor
Surprisingly, The Grinch is the first live action feature to be adapted from the work of the world's best-selling children's author, Dr Seuss. And beneath sfx magician Rick Baker's green costume Carrey, – the world's highest paid comedian – wreaks glorious havoc on his cloying sweet neighbours, the Whovians of Who-ville.
Man on the Moon
- 118 min
- Directed by: Milos Forman
- Written by: Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Danny DeVito, Gerry Becker
- UK release: 5 May 2000
Biopic of eccentric comedian Andy Kaufman.
The Cable Guy
- 96 min
- Directed by: Ben Stiller
- Written by: Lou Holtz Jr, uncredited:, Judd Apatow, Jim Carrey, Ben Stiller
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Matthew Broderick, Leslie Mann, Jack Black, George Segal, Owen Wilson, Janeane Garofalo, Diane Baker, Ben Stiller
When he settles into his batchelor pad, hoping to enjoy an easy life of cable television, architect Steven Kovacs (Broderick) didn't anticipate a cable installer who will go to any lengths to become his friend. Misjudged comedy with the hyperactive Carrey in conniving form, full of spot-the-scene humour.
- 121 min
- Directed by: Joel Schumacher
- Cast: Val Kilmer, Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carrey, Nicole Kidman, Chris O'Donnell, Michael Gough, Pat Hingle
The Riddler (Carrey) and Two-Face (Jones) team up to take down the Caped Crusader (Kilmer).
Dumb and Dumber
- 107 min
- Directed by: Peter Farrelly, Bobby Farrelly
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels, Lauren Holly
- UK release: 7 April 1995
After finding a briefcase full of money, two good-hearted but incredibly dim friends hit the road to return it to the owner, unaware that a pair of criminals is on their trail.